1 Nephi 1: 1, 3
...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days. And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.

^^That pretty much explains this blog.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

What is Your Favorite Book?

Books, like songs...very difficult to pick just one, but I have said before that my very favorite book (excepting the Holy Scriptures) is "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte'.

I love how there are twists and turns in every chapter.  Just when you think you know what's going to happen, something is thrown in to throw you off.

It's a love story; it's suspenseful; it's OLD, which I like.  I love Brit Lit.  I also like American Lit--and French Lit.


As for American Literature, I love "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. 
I also love "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell-- the book (and the movie, too, I confess).  And, of course, "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.
      

For French Literature, my very favorite is "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas.

I love to read historical fiction.  It is my favorite genre.  I love to be swept away by the words, the language, the descriptions, the geography, the characters...

And so I ask my readers...What is YOUR favorite book or genre?

No comments: