1 Nephi 1: 1, 3
...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days. And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.

^^That pretty much explains this blog.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Do You Have a Favorite Song?

I supposed one of my favorite songs is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  I loved "The Wizard of Oz" growing up as a child.  It came on TV every February and we all couldn't wait.  This was before VCRs and DVDs.  You had to wait a whole year to see a movie you liked.  They were only on once a year.  I guess the royalties were too much for television stations to pay back then.
I always longed to see it in color.  Finally, in 1968, we got a color TV.  It was so exciting to start watching the movie in black and white, then, when Dorothy entered Oz, she walked out of her house and into COLOR!
   

But, I digress...

I have many favorite songs and songsters....the Beatles, the Monkees, the Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor...


As for hymns...

I love the hymn "I Believe in Christ."  That hymn says it all.
If I had a number two hymn....hmmmm..."I Know That My Redeemer Lives."
I also like "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and the song they sang in the Winona Ryder version of "Little Women,"  and I can't remember the name of it right now...where they sang at Meg's wedding in a circle.  It'll come to me later...

What is YOUR favorite song?

No comments: