1 Nephi 1: 1, 3
...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days. And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.

^^That pretty much explains this blog.

Monday, December 5, 2016

I Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


This blog was created so my children could read about my life. I've tried to answer a few questions from the book Jewely got me. I've also tried to write about things I care about.

When you get to be my age, anything you can find about parents and grandparents is special. That's why I have this picture posted.

When my grandmother Mary Lou was 63, she had a beautiful picture taken of herself. It reminds me of a high school yearbook picture with the drape and exposing her shoulders. I thought it was the best picture of her and I treasure it. She was a beautiful woman.



I am 62.9.  I can't believe I am almost the age of my grandmother in her picture, though I don't have the high school pose. We had our photos taken at work and I never take a good picture (I'm notoriously unphotogenic), but I think this one is pretty good. I know I'm old(er), and there are lines on my face, but, to tell you the truth, after all I've been through in my life, I'm surprised there aren't more. I guess my white hair (that's covered with color) makes up for the wrinkles.

I want to bear my testimony of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, so my children know I stand steadfastly by my testimony and it shall never waiver. I have been through a lot, as I said, but my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ is intact.

I love my Heavenly Father, and I know He loves me. He is my Father. I pray to Him and speak to Him as I would to an earthly father. I count on him to guide me and protect me, as I have no husband or father on earth to do so. I put my complete trust in Him.

I know that Jesus Christ is His only begotten Son on earth and that He is my Savior and Redeemer. There were many times that I saw only one set of footprints in the sand, and I know they were His. He has carried me through so many rough times. I totally rely on Him for His atoning sacrifice. Many times I have let go and let Him help me.

I bear witness that the Holy Ghost has walked beside me, especially during my divorce. His Spirit was so palpable, I could almost hear Him breathe in my ear. I could almost feel Him take my arm and lead me to a better place.

I know Joseph Smith was called as the prophet of this last dispensation and brought forth the Book of Mormon through prophecy, through our godhead's revelation. And if Joseph Smith was a prophet, then all those who followed were also prophets. Thomas S. Monson is a great man and current prophet of our church. I have a testimony that he is our prophet. I had it confirmed by the Holy Ghost, even before President Hinckley died.

I believe in the Holy Bible, as far as it is translated correctly. Whenever you see a word in italics in the Bible, it means a word was put in to make the sentence work. It was a guess on the part of those who compiled the King James version of the Bible. I love how Joseph Smith translated some parts of the Bible as well, and made it so much more understandable and relatable.

The Book of Mormon is a true and concise book, brought from the dust and into the hands of Joseph Smith. I have had witness after witness that the events and scripture of this book are true. It happened the first time while I was reading in Mosiah. Ammon asked King Mosiah if he could travel to the land of his inheritance to see what became of his kin. What happened while on that trip filled me up and I knew it was true. There were so many twists and turns, I knew Joseph Smith, with a third grade education, could not have written that book. It had to be inspired and translated.

I know how hard it is to write a book, but to write a book of that magnitude and length in such a short time period, would have been impossible without the help of God, angels, resurrected beings, and the Urim and Thummim. Not to mention great faith.

The Book of Mormon is the Keystone of our religion. If you believe it is true and correct, then Joseph Smith must be a prophet to have been able to translate it. If you believe Joseph Smith was/is a prophet, then Thomas S. Monson is also a prophet. He is the leader of our church, which I know, after investigation back in the 1980s, is the truest church on the earth today. It was "restored," and didn't come from any other religion of the time. I have had it made known to me that the Book of Mormon contains the truth. I know it, and I know God knows I know it.

I believe in eternal families. I have been sealed to all of my children and their spouses are sealed to them. We will have each other in eternity and who knows what that will entail? I have never heard of going to church while in heaven, only that we will be together as families in a family organization that stretches forever. It's a great thing.



I hope my children will get interested in genealogy as I did. I have never regretted all the work I've done. It was so well worth it and exciting as I know so many of our ancestors who have gone before us into the spirit world. I have a testimony that you can be their savior as you do temple work for the dead. They will call you blessed. They are waiting for their work to be done. Research is fun. I hope my children will love to research their ancestors as much as I have. Hopefully, I've left a few for you to uncover. :-)

I love my children. They are all unique spirits. I love my siblings. They are also all unique spirits. I pray for my mother, immediate and extended family daily. Sometimes I cry unto the Lord, as in scripture, my feelings run so deep for all of you.






My hope, my children, is that your future is bright, that you live your lives to the fullest, that you treat your "name" with respect and keep it untarnished. Remember who you are. Read your patriarchal blessings at least monthly so you know and realize how great you once were in the pre-existence, and that the greatness has followed you to earth. A lot is expected of you, since much has been given to you.

Please think of me fondly. I tried my best. My very best.

I love you all so much.

I wish you a Merry Christmas 2016, and look forward to a bright and happy New Year 2017. I hope to post a lot more in ensuing years.




No comments: